Young people can benefit from positive encounters with the world of work. Engaging with business can help them to develop:
- core skills in a real context
- enterprising skills which include a positive attitude and can-do approach, self awareness, determination to succeed, innovative thinking, confidence, willingness to take responsibility, independent learning leading to improved attainment and achievment
- employability skills such as planning, organisation and time management
- a better understanding of themselves and the world of work
- better communication skills and the ability to work with others
- an understanding of business and how they fit within that.