How to use this site
This website is being developed to provide resources for teachers of all curricular areas.
Use search lessons to find the lesson/project idea you want or browse curriculum resources.
For example, as a Modern Studies teacher you may search as follows:
- search for resources on the theme ‘Communities’ OR
- search using the curricular area ‘Social Studies’ to see the themes covered, OR
- select both to narrow your search to a particular theme in a particular curricular area.
Your search results will provide you with a list of lesson/project ideas with a description. Wherever possible there is both a lesson topic (for example, Structures) and a project outline (in this example, Building Bridges) with a more in-depth study and application of the lesson topic.
Each of the ideas will also provide guidance on:
- How to deliver enterprise in education themes, including guidance on how to put the learning into a real context, how to encourage the pupils to participate and take responsibility for their part in the learning and become independent learners.
- How to integrate the curriculum and make cross-curricular links with other areas in the school.
- Age and stage, although this is fairly flexible.
- Time allocation for each lesson/project idea.
- Resources such as images, web pages, reference materials.
- How to record the 4 capacities of ACfE.
- How to include links with local businesses and communities.
- How this approach will develop career opportunities.
- How to review and reflect on learning – AifL recording and progression.
- Addressing other cross-curricular themes, as outlined by LTScotland and which should be achieved through a variety of teaching methods.
Clyde Waterfront themes
All themes in bold have lesson/project ideas provided.
Tourism & leisure
Arts & culture
The Clyde Waterfront Education website supports the following cross-cutting initiatives.
- Enterprise in Education
- A Curriculum for Excellence
- Assessment is for Learning
- Health Promoting Schools
- ICT in Education
- Parents as Partners
- Personal and Social Development
- Study Skills
- Sustainable Development
- Taking Learning Outdoors
- NEET agenda