Engaging with business
Business can provide a real life practical experience of the work studied in the classroom and both teachers and pupils can benefit. Exploring the world of work can help young people understand the relevance of their school work. It can also help them develop employability skills.
Businesses can work with schools in a number of ways, developing the connection between enterprise and education. Businesses can provide:
- diversity, reality and interest to topics
- CPD opportunities for school staff
- support and assistance to develop topics in a real life context
- a variety of support and resources – (email mentor, speaker, provision of resources, job shadowing, etc)
- partnerships that enhance development of employability skills
- help to understand your local economy and ways in which it impacts on the lives of pupils.